Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Lent

I am not a Catholic, not even close. But I like the idea of giving up something bad for a set amount of time. That way I have a goal in mind. For me, deciding what to give up is always tough.  I don't know exactly what will happen between now and Easter so I don't know what to prepare for.

This year for spring break, my mom and I are going to Portland and Seattle where I know I will be sampling all kinds of foods, so giving up a certain type of food seems like a bad idea. I know a lot of people who are giving up social media, but I just started this blog, so I'm not stopping now. I can't give up soda or fast food because I already did that. I don't cuss.. So we are back to food.

I have quite the sweet tooth. It is a serious problem for me. If I can manage to go one day with out a brownie or cookies I am doing great! I would like to give up sweets entirely BUT, I know that I will be visiting a few restaurants in Portland that are known for their desserts. So I am giving up, the worst offender: brownies.

I am a brownieaholic. I could make a batch of brownies and eat the whole pan. I spend 1.29 at least twice a week on the brownies they sell in the union. I have memorized which restaurants have the best brownies. I admit it, I have a problem.

So this year, I will not eat a single crumb off of a brownie. Not even a bad one. No brownies for me, until April (I am still trying to figure out the exact day since the catholic church contradicts itself constantly, some say Thursday the 5th, others Saturday the 7th).

-kb

No comments:

Post a Comment